Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Quiet without the peace

It's 4:58 in the afternoon and my stomach is growling angrily...and then I realized that I haven't eaten since the yogurt at 7 am. Avery is at Nana's house swimming and I finally got Cate settled down for a nap after a crazy afternoon. Although she's making noises like she wants to scream which is unsettling. It's quiet here right now but certainly not peaceful (unless you consider blogging peaceful). If everyone is happy, content or napping then I run around like a mad woman trying to get something of value accomplished like laundry, cleaning bottles, small amounts of house cleaning, thank you notes (sorry to those of you reading that have not gotten one yet:) Having two kids is beyond what I ever imagined. It truly is a juggling act when it comes to taking care of both of them and myself and the house and dinner...I'll move on.
We had a great weekend with my mom in town visiting. We celebrated (sort of) her birthday on Saturday with birthday donuts and a McDonalds trip in the afternoon for ice cream. It was so nice to have her here after such a hard, draining and emotional week. I'm slowly learning that I will have those kind of days, more often then not. Newborns are hard- they are so dependant on you. And Cate is a very tempermental and touchy baby. She is the sweetest thing and had such a hard first two weeks until we figured out her tummy issues. She's doing great on her new formula and we had a follow up visit with the new pediatrician today. She packed on 12 ounces since last Thursday and is up to 9 pounds 6 ounces--that's crazy:) This little girl is doing amazing...she looks so grown up in these pictures. Maybe it's because I stare at a newborn most of the day. She continues to do great with her baby sister and loves her so much. She gets a little upset when I'm constantly putting Cate down for a nap- she just doesn't understand that newborns need to sleep so much. Of course Cate doesn't like to be "put to sleep". I've started sleep training this week and it's not going so hot. Cate is stubborn and gets over stimulated easily which isn't hard to do with a yelling, babbling, crazy toddler. So Cate has had a rough time trying to fall asleep on her own and it's so hard to listen to her cry. But I know it's for her best interest in the long run. The only bad thing is that we're going to the beach next week with Mark's family so I know that the schedule I've been working on with her will get pushed to the side as well as the sleep training. I guess we'll try again when we get back.I'm very excited about the beach and hope that it makes me relax a little bit. I've been wound pretty tight lately and need to take a step back and look at the big picture. Everything else aside, I have two happy and healthy girls that are growing and thriving. I'm happy for Avery to have some physical activity though as we've been in the house a ton...and still in our pj's through nap time most days. Mark and I are taking just Avery to the circus on Saturday. Cate is spending some time with Nana and Pops so we can have some quality time with our big girl. I'm really looking forward to this because I'm missing the one on one time with Avery and can't wait to see her face light up. I don't think I've been to the circus since I was a little girl. Pictures to follow...













No comments: