Monday, July 25, 2011

One month

Cate Madeline is one month old today...and I'm celebrating because that means we've all survived a month together as a family of four and we've lived to blog about it!!! She is doing so much better since switching formula but is still fussing quite a bit. She refuses to go to sleep when we put her down for bedtime. She stays awake fussing and crying until her next bottle and we've decided this is her witching hour. Hopefully she'll outgrow it. She naps well sometimes but it's been a struggle. I'm trying to implement the babywise routine with her and she'll take a good first nap in the morning but the rest of the day is hit or miss. It's harder this time around to let her really cry it out and figure it out on her own since Avery still takes an afternoon nap and of course bedtime.
Cate is eating about every two and a half to three hours and takes about 3 ounces on average. She has had a handful of nights where she's slept 5 hours or so but is normally up every three hours if not earlier. Again, the sleeping thing just isn't clicking yet with this little girl. She has been drug around several places already since big sister needs to get out of the house and I need to run errands. She's been to Target several times, the grocery store, the mall, Galveston, two restaurants and many, many drive through trips for Mommy's daily diet coke. We've gotten a couple of smiles out of her and I'm looking forward to the real, purposeful smiles:)

While we were at the beach with Mark's family, Cate FINALLY lost her umbilical cord stump just two days shy of one month old. She does things in her own time and I've learned to stop comparing her to Avery:) I'll do a post on our beach vacation later after I sort through the 100+ pictures. We love our little Cate so much and we're slowly learning what she likes and doesn't like. Change is never easy especially after having such a great routine with Avery but we're getting there. Cate fits in with our family perfectly and it's almost hard to remember what our life was like before this spirited baby girl came into the world! We love you sweet Cate! Happy 1 month birthday...we look forward to what each month holds for you. And we thank God daily for the blessing of you.










No comments: