Wednesday, October 12, 2011
Crazy Love
Well it's been a few weeks since the last post and my intention is never to go that long in between updates, because these two girls are growing up fast!!! I titled this "Crazy Love" because that sums up life lately...full of love but crazy. Sweet Cate is still having an awful time and it's been a long, long month. I thought she was getting better and feeling more comfortable for a little while but then things went down hill fast. She began fighting feedings, never napping during the day, being super, super fussy during the day and back tracking on her progress of sleeping through the night. We saw a pediatric gastrointerologist and he wasn't much help. We've been to our pediatrician (who I love) many, many times in the last few weeks. Long story short, we are seeing a new GI doctor tomorrow and we're really hoping he can help us with some answers. I've been researching a ton online, which isn't always good, but I've found a lot of information I'd like to talk to this new doctor about- mainly milk protein allergy and corn allergy and possible reflux. Cate has tried the top of the top as far as formulas go and drank EleCare for a few days. Then she started flat out refusing to eat and screaming every time a bottle came near here. I just put her back on Alimentum, which is what she's been on since two weeks old, but the ready to feed liquid form. It's the only formula on the market that doesn't contain some type of corn so I thought it was worth a shot. Oh how I hope to find this sweet little baby some relief soon...this has been the hardest, most taxing and depressing time of my life.

Now for the love part...I'm done with crazy! I LOVE these two more than words can express. Avery is growing up, literally, before our eyes. She has shot up and thinned out and no long looks like a toddler. She looks like a grown up little girl and boy does she talk like one too. She has some sass, that's for sure. Yesterday she saw I was wearing one of the colored rubber bands we use for her hair and she said "Hey who said you could use my blue rubber band". She said it in a cute and sweet voice so it was only a little bit sassy;) She is so smart and creative and has a vivid imagination. She loves to build forts and pretend she's an explorer with a flash light and some stuffed animals. I've come up with lots of creative ideas (thanks to Pinterest) to keep Avery busy. We "painted" with colored shaving cream in the bath tub the other night and she would have stayed in there for an hour if I had let her. She is a great big sister and loves Cate! She has asked to hold her more often but gets bored after five seconds and gets up leaving Cate to fend for herself. Avery is very into baking and helping me in the kitchen- she helped me bake a blackberry cobbler for Mark's birthday. 




And cutie pie Cate is getting so big too! Her hair is definitely curly and I love it. When she's happy and comfortable, she's the silliest baby. She rolled over from her tummy to her back for the first time on October 1st (just documenting so I remember later) and enjoys being straight up in her exersaucer, probably so she can have the best view of her crazy sister dancing around the house. She is a smiley girl and she's let out a few chuckles recently too. I hope we figure this all out soon so we can really, really enjoy this sweet girl and not have her infancy masked by such chaos. 
We love these girls so much!!! I promise I wont wait another three weeks before updating again. We have a lot coming up in the next few weeks including cousin Brooks' baptism, Daddy's big exam and Halloween! Stay tuned...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Hi Mandi, I got to your blog through the Chamber's blog. We are fellow Ethiopian adoptive parents and know the Chamber's through our agency. Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that the first year of both our biological boy's lives were tortourous because of reflux and milk protein allergy. After I realized our second one had it as well and knew what we were going to face after going through it with the first, we decided we were done having kids! It was that bad, but it doens't have to be! I would love to chat with you about it if you have questions, or would love to put you in touch with the GI (here in Houston) who saved our boys' lives. You can email me, or Autumn might even have my cell number. Seriously, I would be glad to talk you through it. I'll do whatever I can to help another baby and mama who is going through what we went through. Hope that helps!
Post a Comment