Monday, October 24, 2011

Picture Overload!

The only problem with not blogging as frequently as I used to is that these posts are now loaded with tons of pictures...so sorry! We've had lots of fun adventures lately including Brooks' baptism on October 16th in Baton Rouge. This was both girls' first trip out of Texas:) The car ride was, um...interesting. Cate is NOT a fan of being in the car and fussed about two hours straight on each leg of the trip. We were all ready to be out of the car, but the trip was worth it to see Uncle Brian, Aunt Catherine and Brooks. Catherine's dad and step mom welcomed us all into their home on Saturday and we had so much fun. Avery wants to join the Tricou family and loves Mark and Dawn!!!
Everyone did amazing during the church service and it was so special to be able to witness this special boy's baptism! Surprisingly, I did not have to get up and take either one of the girls to the "cry room" during the long catholic service. I did have to get up and change two blow out diapers from Cate. They did so good!Cate has been doing well the last week and a half since we saw the pediatric GI. He started her on Zantac which she now takes like a champ. Mark and I have noticed a difference although it's no magic drug that automatically makes her 100% happy and sleep the day and night away:) She's eating more comfortably on the liquid ready-to-feed version of her formula too so things have gotten smoother. She's having a bit of trouble drinking her bottles still- she still turns away, curls up and grunts during most bottles. But she is drinking them and not refusing like she used to, so that's an improvement. We have put two and two together and figured out that she is extremely sensitive to strong smells...I know, she is such a drama queen! Long story short, she's had several instances of screaming fits and we've now linked them to perfume smells. I bought new baby wash for her, the lavender stuff that is supposed to calm and soothe babies. Well no ours! She screamed through every bath that we used that in and then I finally figured out that when we didn't use it, she wouldn't scream. And then I went to a Mary Kay party over the weekend and came home smelling like strong lotions and Cate went NUTS! If it's not one thing, it's another.Lindsay and I took the kids to the Children's Museum so we could use our awesome Groupon deal that was about to expire!!! We all had fun and even Cate enjoyed playing in the baby area- she made a baby friend while hanging out in the bumbo in front of the mirrors:) The museum is sooooooo up Avery's alley. If it has to do with and kind of pretend & play or using your imagination, she is all about it. She and James Thomas had a blast together as always. The two of them are so funny together; they just laugh and dance around! I told Lindsay that I felt like I was chaperoning their date:) We have enjoyed much more pleasant weather lately. We actually had a few days where it was cold enough for sweaters/jackets in the morning. We've been taking advantage of this cooler weather and have taken some walks and played at the park. I'm glad to be able to get all of us out of the house for a bit for some fresh air. My sister is flying in tonight to spend a few days with us. She will get to see where Avery goes to school and then I thought we'd take the girls to the pumpkin patch while she's here. Miss Cate turns 4 months old tomorrow and we have Halloween festivities starting towards the end of the week so stay tuned for what I'm sure will be another LONG post with an overload of pictures!





No comments: