Friday, February 26, 2010
Improvising
I've been dreaming of spring and summer for many weeks now. By late February/early March it's normally nice enough to go to the park most days or take a trip to the zoo. But our weather has been so abnormal and spring can't come soon enough. I can honestly do without summer though. I've been eyeing several fun toys for Avery to play with when the weather finally decides to play fair and one of those toys is a water table. This gave me the idea to improvise and make our own water table of sorts.
We were stuck inside all morning long since we had our a/c guys installing our new air conditioning unit (again, I'm getting ready for the warmer weather that I KNOW Houston will bring sometime soon). So I filled up a storage container, laid out a bunch of towels and dumped some bath toys and some not bath toys into the water and let Avery do whatever she wanted.
And boy did she have fun!!! She played with her "water table" until her lips were blue and her teeth were chattering...literally. She was soaked from head to toe so much that she could have used a swim diaper for this activity.
I'm not sure what this new tongue hanging out to the side thing is. It was like this in almost every picture I took of her water adventure. Maybe she was in serious concentration mode. Who knows with Avery!

Definitely a fun way to stay busy while stuck inside. Sometimes we get in a rut playing with the same toys everyday, doing the same routine everyday, reading the same books everyday, watching the same cartoons everyday (don't judge me). We will for sure be doing this again and I hope it's because we need to cool off because of the heat:) Come on warmer weather!!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment