Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Double Trouble

Well we've made it almost 15 months without any major illness...but my poor, sweet baby girl has double ear infections! She's had a long, drawn out cold and cough for two weeks but it came to a head today. She's been sleeping terribly with a nasty cough that keeps her up at night and I called the doctor yesterday. I even asked about an ear infection, but she said as long as she's acting normal, eating normal and isn't running a fever, than it just has to work itself out. She's been MAJOR teething with her molars coming in, so I thought the cold and all the snot might have been from that. Guess not!
This morning we went over to our friend Melissa's house for brunch with my girlfriends and some of the kids. Avery was in a fine mood, played okay but got clingy after about an hour there. She just wanted me to hold her, which is not my child at all. She is not a snugly kid- she likes to be on the move. After holding her for awhile, I could almost feel her body temperature rise. By the time we were getting ready to leave, she was burning up. We came home and sure enough her temperature was 102. After a doctor visit and a prescription for amoxicilian, I'm hoping Avery will be her normal self in no time! Dr. Davis said it looked like it was near the end of the infections, meaning she's had them for awhile. Which makes me feel just horrible...I just want my sweet baby to feel all better!!!

No comments: