Friday, May 28, 2010

Avery's 1st Trophy

Avery had her final gymnastics class of the season yesterday. And to show off all of her newly acquired skills, we invited GiGi to come see her perform her routine. Biron's had bleachers set up for each kids entourage who came to watch. GiGi said it was Avery's first of many sporting events...GiGi has been to a few sporting event in the last 20+ years so of course she came to Avery's first!!!
The kids did a "routine" with their coach and showed off their donkey kicks, forward rolls, back rolls, jumping skills, balance and more. Then they were free to do anything so Avery jumped and ran and hung and bounced her little heart out.
The girl had her eye on the prize the whole time! Those golden plastic statues with a spinning star on top were calling her name and she couldn't wait to make one hers:) Now I have to brag on my daughter...she can be kind of shy and is pretty wary of people she doesn't know. But when she was on top of that podium and everyone was clapping and cheering for her, she ate it up. She stood up there with the biggest grin and was the star of the show for about 10 seconds. She showed no shyness and was a little ham! I am so proud of her and all that she's learned over the last 5 months of gymnastics. She and I have made some new friends and she has learned to listen to her coaches and play nice with her peers. We're taking the summer off but will be back to Biron's in the fall for sure!!!

1 comment:

Shari Berger said...

I love reading your blog, Mandi. You are such a good mommy! Congrats to little Avery on getting her first trophy (of many to come I'm sure)!