Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Bittersweet

Not only is my 9 month old walking EVERYWHERE, she is also wearing shoes...really cute shoes! And she's drinking from a sippy cup- not very well, but she is trying to use it. This all makes me so proud of her but it also makes me sad. She's not a squishy little baby anymore- she's closer to being a toddler than a baby!!! She gets this look of determination on her face every time she stands up and starts to walk. And when she's done, she clasps her hands together and starts shaking them, which is her beginning to clap. It is a privilege to see her grow and change developmentally and I am so proud of my big girl!!!

Check out her kicks...how adorable does she look in shoes???
I know I've asked this before but does anyone have any advice on sippy cups? We haven't had the best of luck with the two kinds we've tried. They either spill everywhere or she can't get anything out!!!

I love you big girl!!!
XOXO,
Mommy

5 comments:

The Ehlerts said...

Yaaaay Miss Avery!!! Oh and I love love love the Playtex cups, we have tried sooo many cups and those are awesome, and cute too!

The Cochran Fam said...

We have always liked the Gerber cups. We start with the smaller ones then move up to the bigger ones. It probably depends on baby's preference too. Good Luck!

Mary said...

We have to second the Gerber cups! We like the insulated ones. Of course, ours are blue and green, but they make pink too!

Beverly said...

I say this all the time. Being a mom is such a bittersweet thing. You feel so proud of them for all of their accomplishments, but at the same time you wish they wouldn't grow up so quickly!
Shana has the Gerber Graduates Sip and Smile. Selena has the Playtex Coolster Tumbler. Neither of them are leaky!

Hayley said...

Hi Mandi, it's Hayley from Scotts Scoop! Avery is precious! The monster PJ's are from Target. That's where I get the majority of B&B's PJ's...I think they are 5.99 and they always have so many sute ones.