Friday, May 25, 2012

{ 11 months }

Today our Cate Madeline is 11 months old!!!  Unbelievable...I don't think it's possible to love this girl more than we do.  Mark said it best when he said "Cate IS her hair".  Think of every possible adjective to describe Cate's hair, and that is her personality too.  Zany, crazy, wild, unpredictable, cute, adorable, unmanageable...that describes Cate in a nutshell.  She is spunky and feisty yet she loves to cuddle and snuggle.  We've had an insanely crazy first year with this girl, but she is worth all the tears, meltdowns, doctor appointments, wondering, sleepless nights and prayers.


At 11 months, Cate weighs around 20 1/2 pounds.  She's currently eating squash, carrots and we're still trialing bananas.  Once we started bananas a little over a week ago, she got horrible diarrhea.  We stopped the bananas and waited for her diarrhea to stop.  We think it was a bug or a virus, but who knows for sure.  We're on day 2 of this round of bananas.  She sees an allergist on the 31st and we're hoping she can help us sort this out.  I'm very concerned that Cate isn't getting all the nutrients and vitamins she needs now that she's almost a year old.  She is still on EleCare formula and she eats four times a day with a total of about 30-32 ounces a day.  She loves puffs and we go through several cans a week.  They are, of course, a special brand I found that are dairy, soy, corn and gluten free:)  She's only slightly high maintenance!  She drinks water daily in her sippy cup.  She waves, claps and "drums" on command and says the mamama, dadada and yayaya sounds.  I doubt they're really words directed at a certain person.  Although she can identify a person when you ask where someone is whether it is Daddy or Avery or even the dog.  She's not as vocal as Avery was, but that's okay with me.  Cate is right where Cate is supposed to be!
 Cate is extremely independant and I'm surprised she didn't walk earlier than she did because she wants to be on the move all the time.  Don't pick her up and hold her unless she comes to you for it...she will quickly tell you how she feels about that!  She adores her big sister and already wants to be just like her and do whatever she's doing.  Her favorite thing to do is empty something whether it be a bookshelf, laundry basket or toy box.


Baby girl, it's been a wild ride and I wouldn't have it any other way.  I would of course change your health issues but not a single thing more.  I love your personality and your precious face.  The glimmer in your eye when you smile is breath taking.  I can't wait to see what God has in store for you in your second year.  Happy 11 months Cate!!!

No comments: