Friday, November 25, 2011

{ 5 months }

Little peanut is 5 months old today! And of course we carried on with tradition and snapped a few pics this morning to capture this day. These pictures are getting harder to take as she gets older; the first two are normally pretty cute and then she's all over the place. She's attacking the monkey, attacking her feet, flopping her body to the side...she's crazy!
She looks so sweet and innocent in this picture, like she's saying "Who me, I'd never hurt this monkey". She's a trip! I don't have much to report on what Cate's daily routine is because it's all pretty up in the air right now. After finding nothing wrong with her biopsy results from the endoscopy/colonoscopy, we're really don't have any explanation. We're going to continue with the Elecare because she's eating well with it. Her sleep habits have been AWFUL the last month or two and so once we heard there isn't anything wrong with her, we decided to pull the plug and do some tough love. She's now "sleeping" (I use the term loosely) in her crib, without a swaddle and with very limited paci use. We've had to let her really cry it out the last several days. She was waking every two hours at night, not to eat, just to scream and cry. We've always been wary of letting her cry too much because Avery is asleep right next door to her. But it has to be done. Her nights have gotten better, but her naps have been ridiculous! Most of the time she will cry through the entire nap time. Sometimes she'll put herself to sleep but only for about 30 minutes. She's a tough one and we're starting late after creating some bad habits, so I know it's going to be tough. I just need some sleep at night- I don't even care about naps anymore. Avery was not a good napper, but she slept awesome at night by about 4.5/5 months old. It's time Cate, it's time!Her GI gave us the go ahead to start her on solids in about another two weeks or so...I think we're going to try them this weekend. She's very interested in food/drinks and I think it's time. I'm so nervous about how her system is going to react to solids. She was never able to tolerate rice cereal in her bottle before, so we're starting with oatmeal. She just has a very sensitive tummy I guess. She gets super fussy and her tummy really seems upset after we've given her Tylenol, Maalox, gripe water, gas drops and rice cereal. The GI said she may have a sucrose/saccharin intolerance. Do you have any idea how many things out there contain some type of sugar? Maybe being on this formula and getting her tummy calmed down will help before we introduce anything new to it. The only things that go into her right now are Elecare and Zantac. We're really praying that this will all iron itself out.




Cate started rolling from her back to stomach last week. She's quite a pro at it now, but only really going to the right. She gets pretty frustrated once she's on her tummy. She's a funny kid and has a spunky personality for sure. My prayer for her this month is that she continues to improve in her eating and that she tolerates solids well. I also pray that she mellows out a bit so she's able to rest throughout the day and play happy. With hardly any daytime sleep, she's pretty crabby. She loves to be out and about though and is very happy in social settings. Oh this girl...she's a handful but we LOVE her to pieces. We are so thankful for Cate Madeline!


No comments: