My main objective for the next 12 weeks is to have some fun adventures with Avery while it's just us. Once Cate is here we will be hibernating from the summer heat INDOORS!!! I'm frantically trying to find things for her to do this summer such as swim lessons and maybe some type of tumble/dance/gymnastics type class. But for now, we're enjoying some fun outings.
Earlier this week I took Avery to her first movie in a theater. We went to the dollar theater and saw Tangled. She really seemed to enjoy it and did better than I expected. The nice part was that there were 3 other people in the entire place, so she could get out of her seat, fidget and talk without disrupting a bunch of people. 
We also went to the Children's Museum this week with our friends James Thomas and Luke. Did you know that Parents Magazine just ranked Houston's Children's Museum as #1 in the nation. That doesn't surprise me because this museum is amazing. We played upstairs in the tots section with our friends for awhile.
James Thomas crawling through the tunnel to Luke
They look like they are on a date:)
After playing upstairs, we had some lunch. Then Avery and I explored downstairs in the Kidtropolis area. We've never really played down there because it was always swarming with tons and tons of older kids. But it was fairly empty so we were able to play. What I loved about this area was that it was set up like a city with a bank, restaurant, grocery store, veterinarian clinic, art studio, news room etc. It makes me wonder what our sweet girl will become...
...or a budget grocery shopper/stay-at-home mom...
Maybe a police woman...



No comments:
Post a Comment