Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Avery's World

Well we've had a busy week and it's only Tuesday! School is going great and Avery is adjusting wonderfully. She had no true tears today and was only a little bit sad when I was leaving. She continued to say over and over again on the ride to school this morning, "Mommy leave, Mommy leave, Mommy go a work, Mommy come back". So she gets it...and that makes me happy.
Now I have to give a shout out to Ikea and thank them for the hours of entertainment they have provided my daughter with. But the thanks is mostly for my sanity. I bought Avery a standing art easel the other day for $14.99...that's right. Add a roll of paper and a box of chalk and we walked out of there for less than $20 and hours of fun.
Avery has really been interested in building with Legos. And Mark couldn't be prouder! She asks one of us to build Legos with her at least twenty times a day. I tell her to go ask Daddy. He's the Lego freak, not me. But she's taking after Mark and she loves her some Legos.
She also loves playing guitar with Mark- she will mostly throw out song requests, normally Old MacDonald or Party in the USA. But she has wanted to strum along with him, so Mark gave her the pick and showed her how to strum the strings. She's not too gentle, so I think guitar lessons are many, many years away.

1 comment:

Elizabeth Ann @ Elizabeth Ann's Recipe Box said...

love the picture of Avery with the pets!!! SOOO cute!