Friday, July 30, 2010

Record Breaking

Well it has been a long, LONG time since I've blogged about our adventures! And we haven't had too many lately; we're just having a lazy summer. We have been playing a lot inside since it's been so hot. We've had visits from Grammie and have enjoyed spending time with Nana since she's been out of school. We had a fun shopping day yesterday with Nana and GiGi and found some really cute stuff for Avery's fall wardrobe:) We met our friends for lunch and playing at Chick-fil-a the other day. But we've mostly been tapping into our creative side to beat the heat this summer. Avery's new favorite thing to play with is Playmobil... If you didn't know Playmobil makes a younger version for little toddlers. They are the perfect size and totally captivates her attention for a good chunk of time. She is really into playing with her "guys" as she calls them. Avery is also turning into a little girl before our eyes; she is very conscious of her clothes and hair and likes to point to my toe nails and say "petty, petty Mommy". So I painted Avery's toes for the first time and she loves to look at her pretty, pink toe nails.

While my mom was in town last week, she got to relive her glory days of doing girls hair! She played with Avery's hair and tried to french braid it, but it's still too fine. So she went with the caterpillar look and it was so cute. Avery's hair is getting so long; I don't want to cut it so this actually works well to keep the whispys up and out of her eyes and the length in the back off her neck.

You're probably reading this and think it's the most random post ever...but this is what we've been up to! My days involve building my new business from home so we've had to sacrifice a little bit and stay at home more than usual. We would normally be out and about playing; and don't get me wrong, we still do. And we're at the library most every week. But for now, we are entertaining ourselves with laundry baskets, playing dress up with old Halloween costumes, hanging out under the kitchen table, playing with guys, a little shopping and lots and lots of reading!I'm enjoying this time we have together during the day! This is why I've been working so hard to get my business up and running. I want to always be able to stay home with Avery and any other kids that come along. She's starting school in the fall and will be going two days a week. I'm looking forward to it but dreading it a little bit too. Avery has grown up so fast and she's changing so much every day and it's going by too fast. I don't want to miss a moment!!!






No comments: