Thursday, July 30, 2009

8 months old

My baby is 8 month old today...at the risk of sounding redundant, I can't believe how fast time has flown by! This little girl is so much fun:) We have the best time together during the day. Sure, we have our rough days and our fussy moments, but I wouldn't trade this for the world. We've had to really sacrifice a lot for me to stay home with Avery, but I'm so happy with our situation. We didn't have a rough time with our monthly chair picture this time around...this is the first shot I took and the best one for sure!
Avery is still loving her big girl food...she eats lots of fruits and veggies, cheese, bread, Yo Baby yogurt, cottage cheese (she does NOT like this and I can't blame her) etc. I don't really know what else to give her. She is still crawling everywhere and pulling up on whatever she can. Lily the dog isn't a big fan of Avery now that she's crawling/chasing her throughout the house. We'll have to monitor this situation!!!!! But Avery's doing great and is a ball of energy...we don't go to the pediatrician again until next month for a 9 month well-visit, so I'm unsure how tall or heavy she is now. I'll be anxious to see!

The stinker still doesn't get what the sippy cup is for...I'm sure it's a hard concept to grasp for a baby. All she wants to do is shake it or bang with it, like she does with all her toys now! To the other moms who might be reading this, how long did it take your child to figure out the sippy cup. It's just a toy to her right now!!! Just wondering...

1 comment:

The Ehlerts said...

Happy 8 months Miss Avery! Lovin' the pigtails...keep giving her the sippy cup and they will soon be fast friends...xoxo!