Today our crazy Cate, our curly girly, our little diva is TWO!!! Honestly, the beginning of her life seems like a lifetime ago. Almost other worldly! So much has happened and changed in the last two years and she doesn't even seem like the tiny baby we brought home from the hospital. She's had her struggles, we've had our struggles, she's morphed and so have we. She is doing great medically and we are so thankful. Aside from that, she is the funniest kid I've ever met. She makes us laugh daily! She is such a cuddle bug yet fiercely independent. Quite the dichotomy!
So for her big birthday, Avery and I took her to see her very first movie in the theater. We went to see Monsters University and it went...alright. I give the experience a 6 out of 10. Not great but not the worst possible scenario I imagined in my head when taking two kids to the movies by myself. Just the 2:1 ration is enough to make me teary.Once Daddy came home from work, it was time for presents. She got the booster seat and car seat carrier for her Bitty Baby. She loves them!
After dinner we sang "Happy Birthday" and she enjoyed a cookie sandwich for dessert. It's so nice to give her a real sweet treat for her birthday this time around! I'll be attempting a small personal size cake or cupcake for her party this weekend.
Oh this face! We love this girl sooooooo much. She is perfect in every way and we were blessed two years ago (almost to the minute) when she entered this world. Happy Birthday sweet Cate!



No comments:
Post a Comment