Tuesday, February 21, 2012
February Fun
Alright, since I did a January recap in February, I thought I owed it to everyone who reads our blog to actually recap February in February! I only have a few days left and they are going to be crazy, so here goes. We've actually had a rough February with lots of unwelcome sickies:( Poor Cate has had it the worst and has literally been sick since the first week of January. She's had a cold, an ear infection, a viral infection that affected her muscles (viral myalgia) and caused her too much pain and discomfort to crawl or stand anymore. Very scary! Then I got horribly sick, which is never good to have Mommy down and out. Thankfully Mark saved the day and turned into Super Daddy for a few days. And then poor Avery has been sick all this week and had to miss both days of school. Needless to say, we are over the sickies!!!!!

Despite all our nastiness, we've really tried to have fun too. The beginning of the month brought beautiful weather and we played outside a bunch, went on daily walks and enjoyed time at the park. The last week or so has been pretty rainy so we're hoping it clears up soon. Before we know it, it will be spring in Houston an 100 degrees!!!
Cate outgrew her infant carrier, so she was upgraded to a brand spankin new car seat. She really loves it because she's at a more even level with Avery and now they can really see each other and mess with each other:) One rainy day, we turned our pack n' play into a ball pit. Thanks Pinterest for the genius idea! But mostly we're playing in our daycare, I mean living room. Crazy Cate is into EVERYTHING and so we've pulled the coffee table out of the way, safety proofed the fireplace and completely transformed our main living space into a baby wonderland.
Miss big girl Avery visited the dentist for the first time and did fantastic! Grammie was in town so she came with to help out with Cate. I was so proud of Avery when she went back with the tech without me. Her teeth looked great and she had no cavities. She will go back in six months for xrays.


Like I mentioned earlier, we spend most of our time in the living room. But both girls really love to play in Avery's room. Cate thinks the play kitchen is just about the coolest thing ever, and when we're bored or having a rough day, a little pretend and play with the two cutest chefs normally does the trick.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment