Wednesday, January 25, 2012

{ 7 months }

Another month has flown by and Cate is 7 months old! Seriously, I've always heard that the time goes by so much faster with your second or even third baby. And the last 7 months have truly flown by. I guess I always thought she would stay a little newborn forever, but she's proving otherwise. Cate is ALL over the place these days...she has started crawling and she is PULLING UP!!! I am not ready for this at all- I really thought she would follow the "normal" timeline for milestones but nope. She is following in her big sisters footsteps, which is scary because Avery was walking by 9.5 months.
Cate has had a rough January. She kicked it off with shots for her 6 month appointment, a week long bout of constipation which lead to fighting bottles again, a cold, some bumps and bruises from her new exploring skills, another cold...

But she is also growing and thriving and enjoying life. We are slowly working on solids and she has mastered peas and we are finishing up sweet potatoes (by finishing up, I mean it's been four days and no negative reaction). She really likes teething biscuits and kind of gets the hang of puffs. Speaking of teething, we're not sure if she is working on a tooth or not, but she chews on everything, moans all the time, her gums are slightly swollen and she's a drippy, snotty faucet (although that may just be a cold). Who knows. I guess time will tell.

She and Avery are so sweet together- they can somewhat play together now, which is just precious. Avery is a great big sister and is so kind to Cate. She is very concerned with making Cate smile or laugh and cheering her up when Cate is fussy or crabby. And no one makes Cate smile like her sissy. Sweet sisters! I LOVE these girlies:)

Once we passed the half year mark, I feel like it's a downhill race to Cate's 1st birthday. I can't imagine having a 1 year old. I love seeing her grow and develop but it's become very real lately that I wont have a baby for much longer. She's come a long way and boy is she a drama queen, but she's a crazy, hilarious baby and she makes life fun. She has taught me that I can't be type A about everything and that I need to let go of a lot of things. I'm still learning and my patience isn't always the best, but my love for her is huge. Being a mom is the hardest job, but their sweet faces make it worth while.

No comments: