Friday, August 19, 2011

Road Trip

I must have been feeling really brave when I decided to pack up the girls and take them up to Dallas by myself. Road tripping with two kids at their ages is not for the weak of heart. Mark has started a prep class for his PE exam in October so I am a single parent a few times a week and every other weekend for the ENTIRE weekend. I have had a ton of help though between my mother in law coming over and us going to Dallas for a big chunk of Mark's classes. We had a great time relaxing and playing with Grammie and Grandpa.
Mark's cousin Kari and her kids Rylie and Brandon came over to swim and play and meet sweet Cate. Avery was enamored with her big cousin as you can see below...the kids all played great and we had so much fun with them. I can't believe how big they've gotten and that Rylie will be starting kindergarten on Monday!!! Avery went swimming every day with her grandparents. This picture sums up her life while in Dallas...a little diva and the center of attention! Cate enjoyed her first trip to Dallas and did well while we were there. She wasn't a big fan of napping but I've decided that's how she's going to be wherever we are. She was a happy girl though and that's what matters most to me. She even slept until 5:30 one morning without waking up in the night. She's getting there. I love her face in this picture while she plays with Grammie:) We celebrated my 31st birthday with a yummy lunch and delicious cupcakes that night. It was relaxing, low key and just perfect. It's weird to think that I was celebrating my 21st birthday a decade ago. That makes me feel really, really old- that and the grey hairs I've been finding more frequently.Grandpa and I took the girls to the Grapevine Mills mall to go to the new aquarium that just opened. There is also a Legoland next to it and we saw this giant Buzz Lightyear made entirely out of Legos. That place was awesome- the line for the aquarium was ridiculous as was the line for Legoland so we just walked around and ate lunch. We'll get smart next time and buy tickets ahead of time. It was crazy! We had such a great trip and we'll be heading back again soon. Mark's classes go until the beginning of October...yikes!






















No comments: