Wednesday, August 10, 2011
Playtime
This heat has been unreal so we've been staying at home every day with the exception of an errand or outing once in awhile. We've turned into hermits but that's okay...I am soooooooooo ready for some cooler weather so we can get out and go for walks or play at the park. But that wont be until December so I'm not getting my hopes up. Cate has been working on tummy time and Avery has been her biggest fan as she cheers her on. Avery wants her baby sister to be able to interact with her so bad. It's really sweet!



Cate hangs out in either the bouncy seat or on her activity gym when she's awake. And that's about it- I would be a little bored if I were her but she doesn't seem to mind. I hooked rings onto her bouncy seat so she can start to grab at something. And she enjoys sitting on the table while I cook (which is not very often) or Avery eats dinner. She just takes it all in and is becoming very observant. It's amazing how quickly babies change in these early days. Six weeks is not very long but there is a drastic change in little Cate from six weeks ago- there is a drastic change in her from just two weeks ago. I'm trying really hard to hold onto these early memories as challenging as the days are because I just know that she's going to grow so fast and I'm going to miss this infant stage. 

I have a love/hate relationship with the tv. We have watched more tv and movies this summer than I would like but I'm sure it wont hurt Avery in the long run. I'm counting down the days until school starts back and it will be here before we know it. August is already flying by and September is just around the corner. The days are long but the years are short...that's my mindset these days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment