Friday, February 18, 2011
Zoomania
It might just seem like another trip to the zoo for anyone else, but yesterday Avery and I spent a day just the two of us. We had a blast taking our time and moving at our own speed around the zoo. I observed other moms with toddlers about Avery's age and a new baby and couldn't help but think about Cate. We were given a family zoo membership by Mark's parents and plan on using it ALOT! So Miss Cate will be a zoo expert by the fall...check out Avery's first zoo trip HERE. I can hardly wait to meet our newest little girl, but I also realized that the days are numbered for just Avery and I...129 to be exact if you look at the ticker on the sidebar!


I think I was more in awe than Avery over this brand new baby elephant. Seriously, I was barely taller than Avery which by my calculations means its really, really young. It was so cute I wanted to pack it in our stroller and take it home!


This was my first time to see the newly finished African Adventure exhibit and it was awesome. These chimps were hilarious and were making the school group kids shriek as they jumped against the windows and charged the glass. Avery loved the giraffes most of all, much like her great grandpa who adored them.
We rode the train after lunch and she almost fell asleep. I love going around Hermann Park and wish we had more time to get off at their awesome playground to play. Maybe someday, but for now, the zoo wore this toddler and pregnant momma out! Next time...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment