Thursday, November 5, 2009

Moo

I had to document this so I can remember... So I cheated and have started Avery on cow's milk before she's 1...don't call CPS on me!!! She has been doing fine with it so I've started giving her more and more gradually. A month ago, she had 4 bottle feedings a day. We cut down to 3 bottles (of formula still) just by rearranging the times and meals and that was about two weeks ago. And now, she is successfully drinking cow's milk for one of those 3 feedings! So she takes a 7 oz. bottle of formula in the morning, drinks about 6-7 oz. of milk at lunch and then has another 7 oz. bottle of formula right before bed. I've heard the morning and bedtime bottles are the hardest to drop/transition so I'm not going to rush those. My little girl is getting so big...and she looks so cute with milk-face!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mandi,

They tell you to transition them by adding 2 oz of cows milk to 4 oz of formula during the first week. Then you do half and half the next week, then you do 4 oz of cows milk and 2 oz of formula then all cows milk. The kids were all drinking cows milk or soy milk when they were 9 months old.