I absolutely love this time of the year. The weather has been amazing and we've been taking advantage by trying to be outside now before it gets hotter than you know what. Last weekend was full of that beautiful weather I was talking about. We dined al fresca for cousin Brooks' 2nd birthday on Friday afternoon. And then on Saturday, we headed to the zoo for his wild birthday party. These two monkeys were just a little bit amped up for the party.
Mark and I were feeling brave so we took the girls to the Astros game. The Astros were terrible, were loosing 9-0 when we left in the 7th inning, but the girls had a blast. It was Cate's first game and she did fairly well considering her toddlerhood and inability to sit still for more than 10 seconds. We came prepared with many, many snacks.
We have a lot coming up in the next few weeks. Avery's last week of school is next week and, as usual, I am not prepared. I always have these grand ideas of signing her up for summer activities, but then school just abruptly comes to an end before I realize that it's the month of May. I don't know how parents of more than two kids manage. I used to have it together. But having two kids really fried my brain. We leave for the beach with the Shelfers at the end of the month. Planning and creating a packing list alone is not for the weak. But we can't wait!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment