Monday, December 19, 2011
December Recap
Not all of these pictures are from December, but close enough. I need to catch up with what's been going on before what I'm sure will be an enormous number of pictures from the Christmas festivities. Avery turned 3 on November 30th and enjoyed a morning of Daddy going to work late, donuts and a new playhouse for the backyard. We met up with our very good friends at Monkey Joe's later that morning and she jumped her little 3 year old heart out. I still can't believe I have a 3 year old...she looks and acts more like a preteen! Yikes!!!





We had started Cate on solids a few weeks ago but stopped after a few troublesome signs. I realized that we really aren't in a hurry and that we should really give her tummy more time to even out on her formula. That was probably the best idea because a week or so later, she came down with her first virus/head cold and was running a fever for a few days. We gave her Tylenol which has always messed her up. Well this time was no different...she turned back into the old crying, fussing, NO sleeping, mess of a baby. At this point, we're not really sure if she is intolerant to acetaminophen or if she's intolerant to the sugar and flavoring found in these medications such as sorbitol or sucrose. We'll have to try Motrin next time now that she's old enough. We plan to start up with solids again after the new year and after her 6 month pediatrician appointment and next GI appointment. 
Avery is LOVING the holiday season! She loves seasonal clothes, crafts, songs, movies, decorations etc. So it was no surprise that she had a blast with Nana when they decorated a gingerbread house at an event our church put together.




The girls are doing wonderfully together. Cate is enamored with her big sister and thinks she is just the coolest thing ever. And Avery is really great with Cate too. Naturally, there are some attention issues for Avery. They have actually shown up later that we originally thought. Only recently has she shown some extra clingy-ness and desire for my attention when I'm dealing with Cate. It's really only at night once Mark is home and we have to "choose" a kid to tackle. When it's just me with the girls during the day, she's fine with me dealing with Cate. But when she is "handed off" to Mark, she gets a bit upset. I'm sure a lot of it is being a dramatic three year old now:) But she loves to make Cate smile and laugh and is the best big sister. She has been so adaptable through all of this and I am thankful for that trait in her. 




These girls are so awesome and I love being their momma! Without making it sound like the "Cate Show", Cate's baptism and 6 MONTH posts are coming up soon. Of course, soon might be more like several weeks. I'm trying to keep up, I really am:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment